Danish Wedding Cookies
This recipe is my recipe that I trial and error’ed until I got it as close to the Keebler Danish Wedding Cookies as I could. The ingredients are the same.
1 cup shortening (part butter or margarine)
1 cup Sugar, granulated
1 cup packed light Brown Sugar
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp Baking SODA
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup sweetened Flaked Coconut – chopped into tiny bits
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips – chopped into tiny bits
* 1/2 – 3/4 chopped Pecans – chopped into tiny bits *OPTIONAL*
(optional if you have a nut allergy, the Keebler recipe doesn’t have nuts in them – but I think they taste better with them)
Powdered Sugar (for rolling cookies in)
Okay, here is how I do it. I don’t own any fancy equipment – I use just a bowl and wooden spoon for my mixing.
– Preheat Oven to 400° f.
In one bowl:
– Mix the Shortening (I mix half sweet unsalted real butter with mine), Sugar, and Brown Sugar.
– – mix shortening/butter and sugars until creamed.
– Mix in two slightly beaten eggs and the Vanilla Extract.
In a separate bowl:
– Mix Flour, Baking SODA, and Salt. (I stir mine with a whisk until it’s mixed well).
– Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until incorporated.
– Stir in Rolled Oats.
– Stir in Chocolate Chip tiny bits, Chopped Coconut Flakes, Chopped Pecans.
Drop spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly (Slightly flattened drop cookies).
Bake at 400° f for approximately 12 minutes (pending oven, latitude, etc..)
After removing cookies from oven and they have cooled enough to handle (you want them still warm, not hot), roll them in Powdered Sugar and set on rack to cook completely.
After looking at their box and seeing the Ingredients, I deduced that these cookies are nothing more than Chocolate Chip – Coconut – Oatmeal cookies rolled in powdered sugar. They don’t add chopped pecans in theirs, but I found that I liked them better with the chopped nuts in them.
Here’s the batch I made Today. I ate four of them. So this is about how much a batch makes, minus 4.
Get a cool rack to cool your cookies after baking.
Nonstick Cooling Grid, 16 by 10-Inch